Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Weekend To Dye For

Last weekend I spent the vast majority of Saturday and Sunday dyeing yarn, and this is what I came up with. When I got home from my sailing adventure today I set them all up on my swifts and reskeined them so I wouldn't have big blocks of color in the same spot. I think it really helps show off all the variations of color throughout the skein. I'm so excited! I love the way they came out, and I had such a good time dyeing that I think I'm going to take a shot at selling my dyed yarn. I've discovered that my favorite method for dyeing seems to want to start felting the yarn, so I think from here on out I'm only going to work with superwash so I get the results I'm really looking for. So... without futher ado... picture time!!!

Peppermint Ice Cream - Bulky (137 yards)

Falling Leaves - Worsted (3 skeins at 220 yards each)

Alien Slime - Lace (800 yards)

Purple People Eater - Fingering (440 yards)


Dusk - Fingering (440 yards)

I even got some time in this evening to do some more work on the shawl. I'm pretty tired so I only got one more row done, but my time is finally starting to improve. Yay!

Day 4, Triangle 1: 11 shells = 45 minutes
Average: 4.1 minutes per shell
Total: 66 shells = 5 hours 20 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Wow. The 'dusk' yarn is soooo beautiful. I love the colours. /drool

    ReplyDelete